We have added the following to our routine clinical safety protocol:
- COVID-19 Vaccine. Participating staff have received both doses of the COVID-19 vaccine
- Protective equipment. All staff wear ASTM level 3 masks. Some of us will be wearing face shields and disposable protective gowns when appropriate
- Protective barriers. We installed clear barriers between our waiting room and front desk to help block the movement of airborne particles
- Protective HEPA air filtration. We installed a HEPA air filtration systems that clean and filter the total air volume of each operatory every ten minutes.
- Protective UV light disinfection. We installed protective UV sanitization lights in our AC systems that disinfect the office air and protect it from bacteria, viruses, mold, and mildew.
- Hand sanitizer. We provide hand sanitizer for all patients to sanitize their hands prior to entering the clinical space
- Daily health checks for all staff. We check all staff temperatures and check for symptoms before reporting for work
- Pre-screening of every patient. We screen all patients to assess Covid-19 risk exposure prior to making appointments and check all patient temperatures prior to treatment
- Easy outside check-in. Our patients can check-in for appointments from the convenience of their car by calling the office at 772-569-0070
- Physical distancing. We rearranged our waiting room to allow appropriate space between individual seating options
- Staggered patient scheduling. We modified our patient scheduling to minimize the number of people in the office at one time
- Preprocedural mouth rinses. Prior to treatment, we use an antimicrobial mouth rinse that may reduce the level of oral microorganisms in aerosols generated during treatment
- Protective work practices. We avoid aerosol-generating procedures whenever possible and we use high speed evacuation suction and dental dams designed to minimize droplet and aerosol production
- Increased sanitation after every appointment. We clean after every appointment using hospital-grade disinfectant on all surfaces and objects
- Sterilization. We use high heat and pressure autoclave sterilization on all instruments to eliminate all microorganisms
- Deep clean every evening. Every evening we perform a deep clean of the office
- Hands-free greetings and meetings. We care a lot about our patients, so we are saving the high-fives, hugs, and handshakes for when it is safe
Our commitment to patient and staff safety is ongoing and the steps we’re taking can change as guidelines evolve.